Sunday 21 February 2010

Misty morning on the way to Stowlangtoft


I pass these fields each day on the way to my Mothers and for months I have been meaning to stop and record the corn on the cob the farmer has planted on the edge of the fields as fodder for wildlife. The birds feed from them and roost in them during the day as a refuge from the cold.

I love the varying textures, colours throughout the year this edge planting creates. Some fields have mixed seeds including sun flowers.







Edge of field near road. The Rooks and Jackdaws sometimes turn the stalks black. They took flight as I stopped so pic without them.




Later in the day the sun is shining the pic shows the strong rhythms in the foliage.

The later pics of the leaves blowing in the wind from the stem of the plant remind me of pray flags flapping in the wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment