Friday 17 June 2011

Second and my last weekend of Open Studios 2011



About 40 people visited my Open Studios weekends. The picture below shows the free postcards that people could choose from. Also my exhibition comment book. There were some really interesting comments. As I said in my last post visitors really wanted to discuss my work, one lady said I should be really famous. I am not sure I want to be famous but it always motivating to get enthusiastic recognition.


Some of the comments said they really liked The Found pieces and were surprised that they liked them. I have shown some pieces before on my blog. However , I thought it would be interesting to see how I displayed them. The photo shows pieces that have been completed over the last few months apart from the piece top middle.


The last photo shows some the sunset pieces and you can see from the angle that the board has been curved at the bottom. I thing it works well. The centre painting is from the heartstone series. The wire piece is inspired by the Shadow Series and has a heart shaped stone and shell.


My next blog will feature some work I had in progress over the open studios weekends based on Sizewell seen from Dunwich village beach, the heath and beach Minsmere.

Thankyou to all my visitors for making my open weekends so motivating for me.

1 comment:

  1. hi hazel! glad it went well xx looks good, sarah x

    ReplyDelete