Thursday 3 November 2011

Found

I found this fantastic piece of shaped metal on a lovely warm sunny day the tide was out and the beach was sandy. I love the texture, colour, size and patina. It is so exciting stumbling across something like this. My brain goes into overdrive very satisfying.





Further on down the beach I found this piece of old pipe encrusted with stones. The colour is similar to the previous piece but it is more organic. I thought I would combine the pieces together but they seem to cancel one another out. I like to use pieces together from the same walk.



When I tried it out I think they cancel one another out.







I added 3 these small canvases to rusted beach find it acts as a frame. This works for me.




We had really strong winds and rough seas at the beginning of the week.


It was half term week so many more visitors to the site. These boys played for hours on the edge of the raging sea having great fun note the wellies which must have been very wet in side. The day before at this spot there was a vast expanse of sand and with the help of there dad they dug out a large boat- this took most of the morning and had great fun smashing it to pieces when the went up for lunch. Reminds me of my myself at there young age on or around this spot.




After a very blustery night in the caravan during my morning beach walk I found the pieces of wood on the tide line I have used in this found piece. I have used wire to lash them together to make the form of a boat shape. The piece of ply had come off a huge piece that I found further along the shore. The exposed layers and uneven shape reminded me of sails.


Detail of boat. I have in the past combined wire to draw on top of painting.

1 comment:

  1. HI Hazel, I love this, beautiful rust colours/ wire abstraction is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete